So plan now to make the most of it. Think about what you can with your free 24 hours in February 2012. Here are 12 fun ideas to get you started:
- Invite friends (this can be another time than in the middle of the week) for dinner and games.
- Take a day to sharpen your vision – write down goals, dreams and plans for the next four years. Find a quiet place for a substantial block of time and take time to dream. Make a committment to take a risk and leap into something that you have hestitated starting.
- Turn Leap Day into a little personal holiday – take off work or leave early.
- Visit a place in your town or neighboring city that you have never been to before.
- Volunteer to do a project at your church.
- Do a project at home – Paint a room. Rearrange living room furniture.
- Since Leap Day it’s on a Wednesday night this year – do something fun and creative with the children’s ministry, youth ministry or other group that meets at your church that evening.
- Plan to cook a special meal – something you’ve never cooked before.
- Young kids at home? Be creative and make memories by building a day around the theme of frogs (leap). Wear green. Make them hop to the car as you drive them to school. Try frog legs for supper.
- An ancient leap day tradition is that women were allowed to propose to men – in a way of balance roles like the calendar was balanced. Turn the tables with your free 24 hours this year and plan something unique for your spouse.
- Think up or memorize some leap year jokes. When do kangaroos celebrate their birthdays? During leap year!
- Be generous in some amazing way. Give something to someone.