I am not sure of the origin of this list, but I heard Rev. Chris Ritter use them in a sermon at a recent event where Harvest was leading worship. He was gracious enough to share this list and I wanted to share it with you. If you know where this came from, let me know and I will credit it. But it’s too good not to share! Do these statements indicate a need for revival in your life?
1. When we do not love Him as we once did.
2. When earthly interests and occupations are more important than eternal ones.
3. When we would rather watch TV and read secular books and magazines than read the bible and pray.
4. When we would rather make money than give money.
5. When our Christianity is joyless and passionless.
6. When we know truth in our heads that we are not practicing with our lives.
7. When we make little effort to witness to the lost.
8. When we do not tremble at the Word of God.
9. When we seldom think thoughts of eternity.
10. When husbands and wives are not praying together.
11. When our children are growing up to adopt worldly values, secular philosophies and ungodly lifestyles.
12. When our prayers lack fervency.
13. When our hearts are cold and our eyes are dry.
14. When our singing is half-hearted and our worship lifeless.
15. When we are bored with worship.
16. When we are more concerned about what others think about us than what God thinks about us.
17. When we are making little or no impact in our culture.
18. When we are unmoved at the thought of our friends and neighbors not knowing Christ.
19. When we have ceased to weep and mourn over our sin.
20. When the fire has gone out in our hearts, our marriages, and our church.
21. When we are blind to the extent of our need and don’t think we need revival.