We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. 2 Cor. 10:3-4
Ran across this verse this morning.
It seems that news channels and media stories are consistently bringing up the fact that Christianity and the Church better change otherwise they are going to continue to be ineffective.
God’s mighty weapons are needed to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and destroy false arguments. It will be otherwise impossible to make a difference in a culture that is quickly losing it’s grip on real life. What are God’s mighty weapons? There are way too many to list- but here are some I was thinking of – as they pertain to God’s work through his church, the believers.
- Prayer for God to give us the needed words, actions and faith.
- Solitude with the Lord – so that we might be free from trying too hard to make a point, and allow Christ to use our unhurried and confident lives to make a point about his love for every individual in the world.
- Destroying proud obstacles that keep people from knowing God.
- Capturing rebellious thoughts and teaching them to obey God.
- The Holy Spirit – at work in our hearts and in others.
- A peaceful confidence that God is in control.
- A willingness to step out to the very edge of our faith and be obedient.
- Christians who boast in the Lord.
- Scripture – and the understanding of God’s way in Jesus.
One other question – based on the media portraying a church and faith that is dying and ineffective – Why was the entire Pope story covered from morning until night on every media outlet there was? It seems to me, there’s a mystery in faith that will never be understood and until the Lord returns, the entire world will be drawn to Christian actions and beliefs in some way or another.
6 Components To The Discipleship Process
How to reach families that don’t attend church with their children
2 thoughts on “God’s Mighty Weapons”
Thank you for your teaching on this scripture. I read it this morning and want to learn and use God’s mighty weapons as I fight the enemy who is seeking to destroy my son’s mental health. I also want to point out that the verse is actually from 2 Corinthians. Thank you again.
I thank our HEAVENLY FATHER for you.I fellowship with the HOLY GHOST every day all the time..I’m always inquiring of THE LORD.This is one of many inquiries..This allowed me see in my spirit what I need to do to continue to lead souls from death to life.IN THE NAME OF JESUS AND THROUGH HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD!*HALLELUJAH,AMEN!*GLORY TO GOD!*”GLORY TO JESUS!*PRAISE GOD!*PRAISE JESUS!*👣🙏🏃💕😁🎉✈✋💕