1 Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. 2 Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. 3 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
4 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. 5 For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens. 6 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary.
This psalm invites us to:
1) Praise the Name of the Lord. – This single act sort of puts things in perspective. We wake up in the morning, we’re alive and breathing and we have the opportunity, for this moment, to give God thanks and praise his name! Not everyone may be a singer, but everyone can have a song! What song is rolling around in your heart and head? Let it be praise.
2) Proclaim His salvation. – How do we share it? Through our witness and though words! Living a life of a person who has been saved by grace is powerful.
3) Declare his glory among the nations. – This might be easier than ever before! Every believer can literally declare God’s glory among the nations every single day through facebook, twitter and other media avenues! Say something to the world about God! Make his name known.
4) Declare his marvelous deeds to the Lord. – Based the fact that we have opportunity to tell the world, what story of God’s faithfulness will you tell today!
5) Praise the Lord because He is great and worthy to be praised. – Pray in the morning. Pray for your friends, your family, your church, the country and the world. Praise God while you pray.
Here are a few opposites that you don’t want to do:
Think of yourself as most important. Assume that you don’t need God’s grace. Complain, grumble and have a doomsday attitude. Talk highly of yourself all the time and annoy people.
Free Resource: 6 Motivations for Volunteer Teams
The World Needs An Alive Church