Don’t miss the great podcast episode today with Rev. Dan Perry. Dan shares some great advice – answering the question, what were some things I might have wanted to tweak about 25 years ago, looking back on it now. Dan is a newly retired pastor and currently on staff at our church.
We’d love to have you take thirty quick minutes to listen in to this conversation. If you haven’t listened to a podcast before, just click one of the ways above and see what you can get to work.
Bullet Point List
- Keep Jesus at the center of your life and the life of your church.
- Take time for your family.
- Prioritize time for devotion and personal study.
- Protect your Sabbath.
- Don’t live in denial – find a group with whom you can share struggles.
- Take mini-vacations before or after major church holidays and seasons.
- Find a mentor or coach.
- Plan your sermons in advance as far as possible.
- Stay healthy.
- Remember: You can’t please everyone.
- Think hard before posting on social media.
- Keep your heart and mind pure from all distractions.
- Start planning for retirement – save and invest early.