1) Two new conferences / events were launched through Harvest Ministry Teams in 2011. Beautiful U Girls Conference was an awesome day with speakers, experience stations and lots of great feedback from girls who attended the event. The Crossing, A Seminar for worship leaders, was held in two locations during 2011 –Springfield,IL and Savoy, IL. Between both worship seminars, we connected with 80 worship leaders and worship team members.
2) The Harvest 2011 Summer Team was a great group that served for all of June and July in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. There have now been over 200 young adults who have served full time during the summer on Harvest Teams since 1996. [summer team] [blog]
4) There were over 750 first – fifth graders and ministry leaders in attendance at the 2011 light kids conference. [light conference commercial]
5) Harvest served 125 days of 2011, in 98 different churches and events. There were 165 churches represented at Harvest Conferences and there were 45 young adults and ministry leadership who joined Harvest Teams through the year to serve.
6) Harvest was able to share the love of Christ – in many ways – to countless children, youth, adults and ministry leaders all over Illinois and the Midwest. We continue to pray for changed lives through Jesus. [one example]
7) The Illinois Youth Ministry Network was created and is growing. Currently there are 134 youth ministry leaders connected to it. [Join the Illinois Youth Ministry Network] [Children & Family Ministry Leaders]
8)We’re currently connected with over 5,000 Midwest ministry leaders through twitter.com/effectiveteams. [go to twitter]
10) Christine Fuesz and Suzanne Price have been instrumental in helping to keep the Harvest Communication and Administrative details rolling this year – it wouldn’t happen with out them! We are also grateful for many individuals and congregations who have helped support the ministry of Harvest. We are also grateful for Troy UMC and their faithful support.
11) Prayer, planning and preparations have been going well as we head into a New Year! Here’s some of what’s coming up…