You can read it fully by going to this link.
Here are some of the quick quotes from the article:
1. Fundraising is a form of ministry.
2. Fund-raising is proclaiming what we believe in such a way that we offer other people an opportunity to participate with us in the vision and mission.
3. “We have a vision that is amazing and exciting. We are inviting you to invest yourself through the resources that God has given you— your energy, your prayers, and your money—in this work to which God has called us.”
4. In fund-raising as ministry we are inviting people into a new way of relating to their resources.
5. We can confidently declare with the Apostle Paul: “You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity…” (2 Cor. 9:11).
6. If we come back from asking someone for money and we feel exhausted and somehow tainted by unspiritual activity, there is something wrong.
7. When those with money and those who need money share a mission, we see a central sign of new life in the Spirit of Christ.
8. Fund-raising is a very concrete way to help the Kingdom of God come about.
9. Only when we are free from money can we ask freely for others to give it.
10. Asking people for money is giving them the opportunity to put their resources at the disposal of the Kingdom.
11. To raise funds is to offer people the chance to invest what they have in the work of God.
12. People have such a need for friendship and for community that fund-raising has to be community-building.
13. When we ask people for money to strengthen or expand the work of the Kingdom, we are also inviting them into a new spiritual communion.
14. Every time we approach people for money, we must be sure that we are inviting them into this vision of fruitfulness and into a vision that is fruitful.
15. Gratitude flows from the recognition that who we are and what we have are gifts to be received and shared.
16. From beginning to end, fund-raising as ministry is grounded in prayer and undertaken in gratitude.
I want to thank those who are part of our ministry, vision and community through Harvest Ministry! I’m energized about the new year together and looking forward to seeing all that God will do!