The new calendar year is a great opportunity to energize your student ministry volunteer leaders! Right now is a great time to schedule a meeting early next month and invite your current volunteers as well as any new people you would like to recruit.
Helping to grow your team and inspire them to do great things is a big part of the leader’s job.
If you want to build a ship, don’t gather your people and ask them to provide wood, prepare tools, and assign tasks. Call them together and raise in their minds the longing for the endless sea. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
One of the first things you can do as a leader is to care for your team. Here are some ideas this time of year:
- Send them a New Year’s card.
- Give them a gift card.
- Write up a list of accoplishments from this past year to share with your team.
- Thank them publicly.
- Highlight your team members in a church publication.
- Tag your team members on Facebook or other social media.
- Take your team out to lunch after church.
Caring for your team is the first step in developing them. Here is a short video of the three ways to develop your ministry team!WATCH THE VIDEO NOW!